Tuesday, April 28, 2009

In CCD , each year we have to do one project that is something that helps someone out. My mom teaches one class every few weeks ( hah she is like the bible queen ) so she was obviosly freaking out thinking about the right thing to do. Finally she heard of Krysta, she knew what we were going to do for the project. Krysta is 16 years old and has a type of cancer, she has gone through kemo and radiation. She is an absolute inspiration.

So how were we going to make this help her, was the next step. We debated over many different ideas, but ended up with the best one. We were going to have a bakesale after church and raise money that way, then we were going to buy her a hair straightener made for cancer patients who have lost most of their hair.

Now this sounds great, but I am not one for church or CCD. And plus Erin is in my class, and to be honest we just chill and laugh ( its actually really funn ). And I couldnt even remember the last time I went to church, so I wasnt planning on going to this bakesale thingyy. But the bible mother over here pushed and pushed me to go.

But I am so glad I went. I saw 300 dolars raised in under 20 minutes! Everyone was just throwing money in the box for Krysta.

After church, I went onto her blogs and was even more amazed. She made me laugh and cry. My mind just opend up and wanted to know more and more. I hope to soon meet her at one CCD. It might be the first CCD class I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment